Information about cookies
1. What are cookies and why do we use them on the Detox Diet website?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the user's device when accessing certain web pages to store and retrieve information about the navigation that is carried out from said equipment.
Cookies allow said website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the user's decisions and habits. At Dieta Detox we use them to personalize the experience within our websites, identify and remember the registered user and facilitate navigation.
On the Wikipedia page (http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cookie_(computing)) it is possible to obtain more information about what with cookies and how they work
2. What type of cookies does the Detox Diet website use?
Cookies, depending on their permanence, can be divided into session or permanent Cookies. The former expire when the user closes the browser. The latter expire depending on when the purpose for which they serve is met (for example, so that the user remains identified on the Detox Diet websites and services) or when they are manually deleted.
Additionally, depending on their objective, Cookies can be classified as follows:
Performance Cookies: This type of Cookie remembers your preferences for tools found in the Services, so you don't have to reconfigure the Service each time you visit. By way of example, this typology includes:
- Volume adjustments of video or sound players.
- Video transmission speeds that are supported by your browser.
· Geolocation cookies: These Cookies are used to find out which country you are in when you request a website or service. This Cookie is completely anonymous, and is only used to help target content to your location.
· Log cookies: Registration Cookies are generated once the User has registered or has subsequently opened their session, and they are used to identify them on the web and services with the following objectives:
- Keep the user identified so that, if they close a service or website, the browser or the computer and at another time or another day enter said service or website again, they will continue to be identified, thus facilitating browsing without having to identify themselves again. This functionality can be suppressed if the user clicks on the "Exit" functionality, so that this Cookie is deleted and the next time the user enters the web, the user will have to log in to be identified.
- Check if the user is authorized to access certain services, for example, to participate in a contest.
- Additionally, some services may use third party connectors such as Facebook, Twitter or Google. When the user registers in a service with credentials from a social network or third-party identification system, they authorize it to store a persistent cookie that remembers their identity and guarantees access to the web until it expires. The user can delete this cookie and revoke access to the web through social networks or third-party identification system by updating their preferences in the specific social network.
· Analytics cookies: Every time a User visits a Website or Service, a tool from an external provider (Google Analytics, comScore and the like) generates an analytical cookie on the user's device. This cookie, which is only generated during the visit, will serve on future visits to the Detox Diet services to anonymously identify the visitor. The main objectives pursued are:
- Allow the anonymous identification of browsing users through the "Cookie" (identifies browsers and devices, not people) and therefore the approximate counting of the number of visitors and their trend over time.
- Identify anonymously the most visited content and therefore most attractive to users
- Know if the user who is accessing is new or repeat visit.
Important: Unless the User decides to register on a Detox Diet website, the cookie will never be associated with any personal data that can identify them. These cookies will only be used for statistical purposes that help optimize the user experience on the site.
· Advertising cookies: This type of cookies allows the information of the advertisements shown to each anonymous user on the Detox Diet websites to be expanded. Among others, the duration or frequency of display of advertising positions, the interaction with them, or the browsing patterns and/or or user behavior as they help to form a profile of advertising interest. In this way, they allow offering advertising related to the interests of the user.
For the management of Diet Detox advertising, advertising service tools are used (Adservers – http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adserver”) from third parties. These third parties can store cookies sent from the Detox Diet websites from users' browsers, as well as access the data stored on them.
The companies that generate these Cookies have their own privacy policies.
Currently, Detox Diet uses Google's Doubleclick platform to manage these services. For more information, go to http://www.google.es/policies/privacy/ads/#toc-doubleclick already http://www.google.es/policies/privacy/ads/.
3. How to disable cookies in the browser
Most browsers currently allow the user to configure if they want to accept cookies and which ones. These settings are usually found in the 'options' or 'Preferences' menu of your browser.
These are the instructions to configure cookies in the main browsers:
Chrome: Settings -> Show advanced options -> Privacy -> Content settings.
For more information, you can consult Google support or the browser's Help.
firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Custom Settings.
For more information, you can consult Mozilla support or the browser's Help.
Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings.
For more information, you can consult Microsoft support or the browser's Help.
Safari: Preferences -> Security.
For more information, you can consult Apple support or the browser's Help.